Friday, April 6, 2007

DAY 1 AT THE POINTER PALACE!



Howdy - My name is Jake. My owner passed away and I ended up at the shelter because there was noone to take care of me. A really nice guy named Mark came and picked me up Friday and took me for a ride to a place called Pointer Palace. Katie and Jesse came out to greet me first, then Buck and Eightball. I like Jesse and Buck, they are pretty friendly, but Eightball just ignored me. I think that Katie and I will be great friends - she's a pretty little hoochy momma. Then my foster mom and I took a big walk down the lane, across the corn field, through the hay field to the road and back to the house. She kept saying that I'm a "Birdy Boy" and she smiles when she says it so it must be good. She also took a lot of pictures of me because I'm so handsome.

I got my own water dish, my own food and my very own bed. Foster Mom also gave me some great tasting cookies that she keeps in her pockets. Foster Mom's fingers taste pretty good too, but she says that I need to learn to leave the fingers and only take the cookies. Saturday morning Foster Mom got us up really early for breakfast and then we all took a nap while she went to the auction for a couple of hours. When she got home I got to ride in the truck and we went to get something called pizza. I still don't know what a pizza is because she would not give me any.

Foster mom put up some more fence panels and I get to play with her without the leash now and I can lay in the grass and scoot along on my belly. The grass is cool and it feels soooo good. I got my ears cleaned and my toenails clipped this afternoon. I don't think I've ever had my ears cleaned before, but it does really feel good to have them rubbed after the cleanser is in. My nails look pretty good now - they were really long like a girly girl, but now I look pretty masculine according to Katie. Katie must really like my nails because she took a walk to the creek with me on Sunday morning. Foster Mom has one of those E Collars like I've seen worn before, but she doesn't hurt me with it. A couple of times it went "beep beep" and I went to see her - do you know what she did?? She made a big fuss over me and told me what a good dog I am and then said OK and let me run some more. There a birds at the creek!! Pheasant and Quail. When we were done playing, we all got treats and now I am getting very sleepy......

No comments: